We hope that with the beginning of summer that the situation continues to improve for each and every one of you, both for you and your families and in your business. From the Chamber, we look to the summer and the coming months with enthusiasm and optimism.
We have had a very active semester, both in terms of events and in the incorporation of new members, breaking all the records for new members in a semester in the history of our Chamber. And we want to highlight a very special milestone in our Chamber.
The Chamber of Commerce Canada Spain appoints Zulema Aragonés Monjas as its first woman president
On April 19, the Canada-Spain Chamber of Commerce announced that its Board of Directors had unanimously voted Zulema Aragonés Monjas as president of its Board of Directors.
Zulema Aragonés Monjas, who has become the first female president in the history of the Chamber, is responsible for DBRS Morningstar in Spain and head of regulatory compliance for Europe, the Middle East and Asia, functions that she combines with her new position.
From the Chamber we want to reiterate our gratitude to Mr. Oscar Vázquez, outgoing President of the Chamber for all his years of supporting the Chamber as head of Bombardier in Spain, and especially for his time as President, from July 2018 until his recent resignation, and wish him every success in his new role.
Our Board of Directors
In the General Assembly held on June 15, the members of the Chamber have approved the changes and partial renewal of the Board of Directors for 2021 -2022::
- Zulema Aragonés Monjas, Head of DBRS Morningstar in Spain
- Airbus Defense & Space, TG Juan Antonio Carrasco Juan
- Globalvia, Pío García – Escudero and Ramos
- Royal Bank of Canada, Nicolas Mazzoli
- Michael Di Santo
Members of the Board:
- Alstom, Javier Hinojal
- Celestica, Francisco Bort
- Repsol, Victor Baz
- Cafa Finance, Marc Gagnon
- Echarri & Brindle, Alberto Echarri
- Gedeth Network, Juan Millan
From the Chamber we want to acknowledge and thank the efforts and dedication of the Board of Directors, a key body in the successes of our Chamber.
Our Newest Members!
During the first semester we have incorporated 10 new members. We are delighted to have you in our “family”, representing companies and entrepreneurs from various sectors, as well as innovation and technology sectors. We are proud to able to count on them as trusted partners:
- CaixaBank (Barbara Carmona, Stefan Ignjatovic)
- Ellis & Partners Executive Search /Agilium Network (Pedro Nieto)
- The Visioning (David Morera, Lorena Peña)
- CSINTRANS (Denis Poliquin, Gonzalo Boltes)
- Travel & Tuition (Sergio Gazeau, Carmen Codinach)
- Iberglobal Consultoria (Enrique Fanjul)
- Ferrer Dewatering Canada Ltd (Alejandro Ferrer / Virginia Dávila)
- Contextere Corporation (Carl Byers)
- Vasalto Tech & Talent (Pierre Paradis, Luis Guerra)
- Vancouver Animation School (Mario Pochat, Sonia Bolduc)
TThese members are all in our private LinkedIn Group for Members Only.
Members Only Group in LinkedIn
As we announced in January, we have launched our private group for Members in LinkedIn and we are currently 46 members! Are you missing? You can still access in the following link:
We would like to have all the partners participating in this group so that it is as dynamic and diverse as possible. We think it is a way for partners to be directly connected. We are going to monitor this initiative and ask for your feedback to see if they achieve the objectives.
We want to remind you that you can send us your news to spread on LinkedIn, Twitter, as well as Press Releases for our website. We want to share your news, projects, initiatives and successes.
Our Updated By- Laws – Approved
On April 19, 2021, we have been notified of the successful registration of our Statutes in the National Registry of Associations of the Ministry of the Interior, reflecting the modifications approved in our Ordinary General Assembly on December 16, 2020.
So far in 2021 we have supported and organized events of interest four our members:
- January : Member satisfaction survey
- February: New Members Night & Networking NMN & N (with 23 members) – February 11th.
- March: Spain Canada Relations Panel – March 24th.
- April: Board of Directors Meeting – April 8th.
- Canadian Film Festival in Madrid – April 6-11.
- New Members Night & Networking / NMN & N (with 24 members) – April 29.
- May: Meeting with the CEOE Internacional and EU Next Generation Funds – May 18.
- June: Meeting with the Economic and Commercial Offices of the Embassy of Spain in Canada – June 10.
- Meeting of the Board of Directors – June 15
- 2021 General Assembly of the CCCE – June 15.
And we are already working on upcoming events, which will include:
- NMN & N!
- Canada Business Day Reception
- Event in collaboration with the Canada UK Chamber
- A variety of webinars including:
- EU Next Generation Funds / Renewable Energies / Education and Education Technology / Mobility / Resilience / Civil Protection / Road safety / AI / Establish in Canada / in Spain (legal, fiscal and labor aspects) / Accelerators
- Christmas party
Stay tuned for more!